Postpartum Doula & Infant Care
Congratulations, you are back at home with your new baby...now what?
As the excitement of having your baby and the first few days begin to settle in, many Houston families realize how overwhelming this amazing experience soon becomes. After the loved ones leave and friends go back to their normal lives, you are still left with a new baby, a million questions and very little time. From sleep deprivation, mood swings, breastfeeding concerns, and let's not forget the craziness of managing a house; mothers and father's soon realize that an additional set of hands and expertise is a must have with a new baby.
Breathe easy, because your feelings of anxiousness are not uncommon and you have someone by your side to guide you every step of the way. Babies don't come with a direction manual but lucky for you, you have Marley & Moo™. Marley & Moo™ Maternity's Postpartum doulas offer premier service that will assist in relieving all the worry and stress that comes with having a new baby. Postpartum doulas can tend to baby during the evening/night so you and your partner get a much needed nights sleep, assist with tidying up around the house, or care for baby while you take a moment to shower or run an errand.
Postpartum doula services are customized and may include:
- Postpartum recovery planning and assistance
- Meal planning, preparation and grocery shopping
- Scheduling and routine assistance
- Assistance with finding your families "new normal"
- Light housekeeping and organization
- Feeding support and assistance (breastfeeding, formula, pumping, or other alternative methods)
- Newborn care (swaddling, bathing, soothing)
- Supportive, unbiased, and judgment free support to help you build confidence in your parenting decisions
- Sibling Care
- Bonding assistance
- Recognize initial signs and symptoms of postpartum mood disorders
- Referrals and resources
Our certified Postpartum Doulas are available for day shifts, night shifts or extended live-in care. Our Postpartum Doulas service the Houston, TX and Atlanta, GA metropolitian areas. Services start at $25/hour. Contact Marley & Moo™ Maternity for additional package details. Create a customized package by adding additional postpartum recovery services to your care package.